As a business professional, you have a responsibility to ensure that your company’s network and data is protected from hacking attacks. It can be difficult to remember to take all of the necessary precautions, but with our help, you can easily outline all of the measures that should be taken to maximize security for corporate data.
Start by going down this handy checklist:
- … Maximizing Password Security? A password that’s difficult to crack is one of the best (and easiest) assets your business’s network can take advantage of. If threats can’t make it past your password, they can’t do much damage. When changing your password, remember to use strings of complex characters, including both upper and lower case letters, numbers, and symbols.
- … Using Two-Factor Authentication? When using two-factor authentication, you’re basically making the process of signing into your accounts more difficult by adding another security step to your login process. This means that a hacker must obtain even more information, like your mobile device. This extra step makes it vastly more difficult for a hacker to get into your account.
- … Updating with the Latest Patches and Updates? The latest patches and security updates help keep your systems up to date and protected from recently discovered vulnerabilities and malware, improving your infrastructure’s overall security and dependability.
- … Protected by a Firewall? A firewall is your first line of defense from incoming and outgoing threats. It analyzes the traffic moving to and from your network, keeping threats from infiltrating it in the first place, and quarantining them for proper elimination.
- … Using a Spam-Blocking Solution? Spam is both an annoying waste of time and a potential threat. Spam messages often have viruses and malware attached to them, so it’s best that they stay out of your inbox in the first place. This is what a spam-blocking solution accomplishes. It can save you time and increase your network’s security.
- … Protected by an Antivirus Solution? When the average consumer thinks about security, this is their go-to solution. An antivirus is designed to detect and destroy threats to a system’s security, effectively preventing catastrophe.
- … Using a Web Content Filter? If you suspect your employees of having questionable web browsing habits, you can implement a content filtering solution. This solution will keep their time at work free of inappropriate, or simply unsafe, web browsing.
- … Regularly Scanning Your Network for Threats? If your business isn’t regularly checking your network for undetected threats, you might find that you have some issues to take care of.
While this list might seem long and time-consuming to fill, it doesn’t have to be. NTConnections has the ability to serve up and manage any security solutions you need to keep your network safe. Just give us a call at (703) 288-9767 to learn more.