Employment Status: Full Time
Service Desk Team Lead
Ready to move up in the chain of command? Think you’re ready to be the leader of a team? Do you have what it takes to manage a team of engineers on a service desk, but just haven’t been given the chance? – Well, let’s get started!
NTConnections is looking for an energetic, professional, customer-oriented LEADER with great writing skills to manage the day-to-day operations of our service desk. We aren’t looking for just anyone. You MUST have exceptional customer service skills, you MUST be able to motivate others and you MUST be able to lead by example.
In this position, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire Help Desk staff and ensure that customers are receiving the best possible assistance. This includes the responsibility of making sure all procedures are followed and, where appropriate, establishing new procedures, prioritizing service issues by recognizing their severity and impact on our customers, and helping your team with hands-on demonstrations and training. With the tools provided, you will also be monitoring, tracking, and coordinating day to day operations while working with other Team Leads and Senior Management.
As a Team Lead, you will report directly to the Director of Operations and NTConnections’ President. Your voice, your opinion, and your ideas will have a direct impact on the success of the organization.
To be a successful manager at NTConnections you need to be adept at the following:
- Analyzing the performance of the Help Desk identifying problem areas, and devising and delivering solutions to enhance the quality of service and prevent future problems.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams to help ensure your team is providing the best possible service.
- Where appropriate conduct research on emerging products, services, tools, and practices in support of help desk technology.
- Working with vendors for the procurement of new system technologies, oversee the installation, and resolve adaptation issues.
- Manage the processing of incoming support requests to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop and server level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Track and analyze trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Oversee the development of client documentation and knowledge base articles for staff support and the end users access.
Position Requirements Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the IT field. 3+ years of IT experience on a HelpDesk/Service Desk.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Associate’s degree with 2 years of IT service desk experience, or 4 years of IT service desk experience.
- Dental, Health, Vision Benefits
- PTO/Sick Days
- Company-wide paid holidays
- A phenomenal culture with an entrepreneurial approach
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
- Freedom and flexibility to establish your personal brand while making key connections within the IT industry
Apply today here. Resumes will be reviewed on a daily basis.